Posted for Northampton Volunteer Car Scheme
As a volunteer driver you will be transporting elderly & disabled people from their homes in Northampton to medically related and wellbeing appointments. Volunteer Drivers use their own vehicle and normally start in their home postcode area, to transport passengers to various destinations in Northampton including GP surgeries, hospital, dentists, opticians or wellbeing appointments and day centres etc. We also have occasional long distance journeys but these are discussed with volunteers before allocation.
The service operates Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
The days and hours you volunteer are flexible and can fit around your other commitments, we just ask for a minimum commitment of at least half a day a week.
- An understanding of the needs of passengers of differing ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- An understanding of confidentiality and sensitivity to the needs and wishes of your passengers and colleagues.
- Good communication skills with a variety of people.
- The ability to be self-motivated and confident to work on your own, using your own initiative. With background support from staff.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
This opportunity has no specific location.
When do I need to be available?
Dogs for Good
DVC- Happy@Home project - Daventry District & South Northants
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Age UK Northamptonshire