Supporting your Group
snvb offers FREE help and support to voluntary organisations across the district. We offer our services to any voluntary sector organisation or community group that operates in South Northamptonshire.
We know that running a voluntary organisation, club or community group can be great fun and rewarding but it can also be time-consuming and demanding! snvb is able to provide a wide range of support and guidance – for example:
- The process of starting a new group
- Understanding the requirements and responsibilities of Committees/Trustees
- Funding Advice. We have a accredited funding advisor.
- Developing or updating the documentation, policies and procedures necessary
- We have a comprehensive Document Library with a full range of downloads
- Guiding groups through the financial requirements of running a group or charity
- Guiding you through registering with the Charity Commission
- Training courses and workshops
- Advice, guidance and support regarding volunteers including DBS Checks
- Good practice Guidelines
- Good Governance
- Business Planning
- Practical support to help run your group. We have a range of Resources available.
- Of course, last but by no means least, helping you to recruit your volunteers