6 December 2021
Your Best Friend Fund Opens for Projects Addressing Toxic Relationships in Young People
Funding for not-for-profit groups across England and Wales supporting young people to better understand the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
Schools, community health services and voluntary sector organisations in England and Wales can now apply for their share of a £300,000 funding pot aimed at empowering young girls, women and non-binary people to spot and stop domestic abuse in their intimate relationships.
The Fund is part of a Government Tampon Tax-funded campaign and offers the following grants:
- 30 to 40 small grants of £1,000 to £10,000.
- 6 to 8 large grants of £10,000 to £25,000.
Projects should increase understanding about healthy and toxic relationships, and give young people the knowledge and confidence to keep their friends safe too.
Examples of eligible activities include:
- TikToks which give practical information, tips and skits showing the challenges faced by LBT+ people in their relationships.
- A commercial video which provides information on relationships, red and green flags and tips and advice for organisations who work with teenagers.
- An Instagram campaign with quotes about what a good relationship looks like.
- A simple series of posters which have QR codes that can be scanned to receive relationship advice and guidance.
- A Time to Step In Navigator which gives yes/no questions to help young people decide when they need to step in to help a friend.
- A podcast of young people in conversation about how to help friends see problems in their relationships.
The first deadline for large grants is 18 February 2022 while applications for small grants can be submitted anytime.