8 May 2018
Women’s Vote Centenary Grants Scheme
The second and final round of the Large Grant Fund is now open for applications from across England with a deadline in mid May 2018.
Not-for-profit organisations can apply for two levels of funding for projects in England that increase the understanding of, and engagement with, democracy, and encourage women to participate in public life.
Grants of between £2,000 and £20,000 or grants of between £20,001 and £65,000 are being made available. There is approximately £500,000 available for this round.
To be eligible, projects must take place in England and:
- Meet either or both the EDUCATE or PARTICIPATE objectives. (It is expected that only one objective will be met.)
- Start by 16 July and finish by 31 December 2018.
EDUCATE projects must be aimed at young people aged 16-30, particularly young women and those who are particularly disengaged from politics and civic life, which may include young people from lower socio-economic groups, young people who are BAME, LGBT and/or living with disabilities.
PARTICIPATE projects must be aimed at women aged 16 and over. Projects are expected to work with those women who are particularly disengaged from politics and civic life, which may include women from lower socio-economic groups, women who are BAME, LGBT and/or living with disabilities.
Please note the following:
- Organisations that have received funding from the Centenary Cities Fund will not be able to apply for funding.
- Projects in the seven Centenary Cities areas (Bolton, Bristol, Leeds, Leicester, London, Manchester and Nottingham) are unlikely to receive funding unless they are distinct from and/or add significant value to what has already been funded.
- It is ‘very unlikely’ that funding will be awarded to projects offering similar activities in the same location(s) as those funded in Round 1 of the Large Grant Fund.
The deadline for applications is 17 May 2018 (23.59).