14 February 2022
Windrush Day Grant Scheme
Funding for non-profit groups and local authorities to deliver projects which commemorate the history and contributions of the Windrush Generation to British culture.
The Windrush Day Grant Scheme is part of the Government’s work to create more resilient communities, where different religions, cultures and opinions are celebrated, underpinned by a shared set of values that champion tolerance, freedom and equality of opportunity.
There is a total funding pot of £500,000, with the following grants available:
- Tier 1: smaller projects between £5,000 and £25,000.
- Tier 2: larger projects between £25,000 and £50,000.
A minimum of 10% match funding is required, which can be cash or in-kind contributions.
Local authorities, registered charities and community organisations with charitable purposes across England may apply to the Fund.
22 June marks National Windrush Day and projects must include an activity on this date. Events and activities can take place over a longer period, but all projects must be completed by 31 December 2022.
Tier 1 Projects may include:
- Public celebrations and community activities.
- Education through culturally relevant activities and events.
- Exchange visits and programmes.
- Religious services.
- Arts projects.
- Cultural programmes.
Tier 2 Projects may include:
- Bringing together local partners and communities to create an artistic project.
- Running a short-term scheme to support young descendants of the Windrush community and young people from other backgrounds to improve their academic, vocational or entrepreneurial skills.
- Running a range of unique and high-profile events/activities in partnership with local schools, museums and libraries.
The deadline to apply is 18 March 2022.