Windrush Community Fund Phase 2
Funding for not-for-profit organisations in the UK to make sure all people affected by Windrush are aware of the support available through the Windrush Compensation Scheme and Windrush Scheme.
UK based charities, community organisations and grassroots organisations can apply now to the second phase of funding. Applications can be made by one organisation or a consortium. Applicants that were successful in Phase 1 may not apply in Phase 2.
Grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 are available for projects that reflect the objectives of the Windrush Community Fund, which are to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the Windrush Scheme (documentation) and Windrush Compensation Scheme or both.
- Reach more communities and those individuals who may have been affected because they could not prove their lawful status in the UK.
- Ensure that individuals and communities have accurate information about the schemes and how to apply.
- Build capacity at a community and grassroots level to support those affected to access the schemes.
The funding is for activities including, but are not limited to:
- Holding events, for example: cost of venue, refreshments and other associated costs.
- Producing and distributing marketing materials.
- Running communications campaigns, both online and in person. The guidance notes provide details on social distancing measures related to Covid-19).
- Engaging and supporting people who are eligible under the Windrush Scheme (documentation) and Windrush Compensation Scheme.
- Accessing and using communication channels, for example social media, local radio.
- Securing support from corporate partners, public or prominent figures or advocates.
- Up to £2,500 must be delivered within six months of receipt of funding.
- Between £2,501 and £25,000 must be delivered within 12 months of receipt of funding.
This is the second of two funding phases.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021.