6 December 2021
Weston Charity Awards 2022 Open for Applications
A package of support, including an unrestricted grant, for 20 registered charities based in Wales, the Midlands or North of England who are working in the fields of youth, welfare or community.
The Garfield Weston Foundation and Pilotlight created the Weston Charity Awards to celebrate and support brilliant, ambitious, front-line charities working in the fields of community, welfare and youth. Together they want to help small charities thrive and not just survive following the extreme pressures following the global pandemic.
The Awards help charities to plan for sustainability, development and growth through a 10-month-long programme.
To be eligible, applicants must have a registered charity number, an income of less than £5 million per year, at least one paid full time member of staff in a leadership position and provide direct services to beneficiaries, the majority of whom are in the Midlands, North of England or Wales.
The 20 winning charities will receive:
- Access to the Pilotlight 360 programme — 10-month package of leadership coaching worth an estimated £16,000.
- Unrestricted grants of £6,500 to support the work with Pilotlight.
- Collaborative opportunities and events through Pilotlight’s network of UK charities.
- Two ‘Connect’ sessions with other Award Winners to share best practice.
- A celebratory event for all award-winners on conclusion of the programme.
- The enhanced profile associated with receiving this award grant for excellence year.
Commenting on this year’s awards, Garfield Weston Foundation Director Philippa Charles said:
“Now more than ever, charities are seeking support to ensure a robust strategic future. We know that although good charities are keen to spend time on long-term planning, they are often limited by resources and staffing, even more so during this period of economic recovery.
“The Garfield Weston Foundation has partnered with Pilotlight to change this through the innovative Weston Charity Awards. These exciting Award grants offer an unrivalled package of thought-provoking leadership coaching and vital funding to nurture talent and amplify a charity’s potential impact.”
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 7 January 2022.