15 April 2019
Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund
The new £3 million Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund is provided by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and administered by Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE) with support from the ACRE network.
The funding is intended for the updating and refurbishment of village halls in order to enable them to provide activities that achieve one or more of the following outcomes for their community:
- Improved health and wellbeing/reduction in loneliness.
- Demonstrates a positive impact on the environment.
- Supports the local rural economy.
Guidelines and the application forms can be found on ACRE’s website.
There is a two-stage application process:
- The first stage is completion of an online application form and costings.
- The second stage is the submission of a full application at any time before 31 March 2020 or until it is announced that the Fund is fully committed. Please note that only groups that are successful at stage one will be invited to submit a full application.