Towcester Foodbank appeals for new trustees
Towcester Foodbank was established 6 years ago by the Churches Together in Towcester and is run as part of the Trussell Trust network.
The foodbank is managed by a team of 8 trustees, who meet 5-6 times throughout the year. We are looking to appoint some new trustees. Please note this is a voluntary role.
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and legislation.
- Act in the charity’s best interests and raise the profile and awareness of the foodbank for users and agencies.
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly by making sure the charity’s assets are only used to support or carry out its purpose.
- Act with reasonable care and skill making use of personal skills and experience.
- Give enough time, thought and energy to fulfil their role as a positive representative of the foodbank.
- Passionate about tackling poverty and supporting people in need.
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of the Towcester Foodbank, the Trussell Trust and Churches Together in Towcester.
- To live and promote the foodbank within the catchment area of the Towcester foodbank.
- Good teamwork, flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Personal skills (e.g. financial, marketing, multi-agency, organisational) which can be used to extend the work and promotion of the foodbank
How to apply:
Please submit a short (maximum 300 words) personal statement outlining why you would be a suitable candidate to the chair of trustees via email: email@example.com
More information about the foodbank can be found on our website: www.towcester.foodbank.org.uk
Applications should be submitted by September 1st 2018