18 September 2019
Top tips for video fundraising on a shoestring
These days, you don’t have to be a video expert with a big budget to make powerful charity videos that bring your cause to life – here’s how.
Video killed the radio star. For our sector, it has vitalised fundraising campaigns for all types of charities, so you should definitely add it to your content arsenal, whatever your organisation’s size! Even if you are already using videos for fundraising, did you know that:
- 57% of online viewers donate after watching an amazing video.
- Videos promoting crowdfunding pages raise 4 times as many donations.
- YouTube has over a billion users and 45% of us watch over an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos every week.
- Cisco’s Visual Networking Index predicts that video traffic will be 80% of all Internet traffic by 2019.
- Over half of all videos are watched on a mobile device.
Given these brilliant facts and awesome stats, we can see why around 80% of charities say video is crucial to their work. A reported 83% of marketers would create more videos if they weren’t limited by time and resources, but it’s no longer the preserve of experts – as YouTube has shown, anyone can get stuck in, and most of us carry a decent quality video camera in our pockets.
> See also: Why it’s time to rethink charity video campaigns
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth infinitely more. Use videos to passionately tell your story and thank donors by showing them the difference that your charity makes. If you are new to making videos you may find the following tips useful to help you get started.