17 September 2018
Tampon Tax Community Fund for Women and Girls
This new fund which aims to improve the lives of disadvantage women and girls across the UK will open for applications on 17 September 2018.
The Tampon Tax Community Fund will be delivered locally across the UK through a partnership between the UK Community Foundations and its local Community Foundation members.
The purpose of the Tampon Tax Fund is to allocate the funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to local projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls across the UK.
The Fund aims to support women and girls who are most marginalised to overcome barriers that prevent them from fulfilling their potential. The programme will invest in a wide variety of projects that meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Building skills and confidence, for example, supporting women and girls to learn new skills, giving them the ability to apply for new jobs and/or return to the workplace.
- Improving health and well-being, for example, teaching women how to look after and improve their own mental or physical health and live in good health for longer.
- Building social networks, for example, connecting women to others they can share similar experiences with, supporting them to feel less lonely, more valued, more able to pass on that support.
Grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 will be available to support volunteer expenses, activity costs, and project staff/sessional staff costs.
Priority will be given to:
- Women and girl organisations.
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support.
- Organisations working with beneficiaries with multiple disadvantages.
- User led organisations that have a clear understanding of the needs they are supporting.
- Sustainable projects that provide long-term solutions to the people they are helping.
Registered UK charities, constituted community groups, companies limited by guarantee with charitable aims, community interest companies, co-operatives, credit unions and social enterprises can all apply.
The Fund opens to applications on 17 September 2018 and closes at midday on 26 October 2018.