17 January 2022
Sport England Launches Activity Fund to Mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Funding for projects which promote physical activity and community engagement across England.
Not-for-profit organisations, schools and local authorities can now apply for their share of a £5 million funding pot to help inactive people to become active, or less active people to become more active.
Grants of between £300 and £10,000 are available for projects which:
- Support people who may otherwise have less opportunity to be active.
- Engage people living in areas of disadvantage.
- Add value to their local community and work collaboratively with other groups to maximise impact.
- Comply with the government’s national and local guidelines at the time of delivery.
- Are able to start within six weeks of award.
Funds can be used to cover project-related costs, including:
- Minor facility alterations.
- Volunteer training.
- Service alterations.
- Additional equipment.
Projects should be able to continue to run, or have a lasting legacy, as a result of the funding.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.