Patagonia’s Environmental Grants Programme – First 2020 Deadline
Small environmental organisations in the UK and Ireland have until the end of January 2020 to apply for funding for bold and original actions that protect threatened wilderness and biodiversity.
The outdoor clothing and gear company Patagonia is offering grants of up to US $12,000 (around £9,100) for non-profit organisations with a non-governmental status in the UK or the Republic of Ireland. The organisation should be undertaking innovative work that:
- Focuses on root causes of the environmental crisis.
- Seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities.
- Is action-oriented
- Has a clear strategy
- Identifies specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured to evaluate success.
- Builds public involvement and civic engagement.
- Works to build an inclusive and diverse environmental movement.
Additionally, Patagonia especially encourages:
- Work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defends communities whose health and livelihoods are threatened by environmental exploitation.
- Multipronged campaigns that push for greater environmental protections and force the government to abide by its own laws.
There are two funding rounds each year.
The first 2020 deadline for applications is 31 January 2020.