6 February 2024
Northamptonshire Community Foundation – Rural Community Needs Fund
The Rural Community Needs Fund has been established following Northamptonshire Community Foundation’s campaign to ‘Shine a Spotlight on Rural Community Needs’, in order to champion the needs of rural communities. The aim of this fund is to address urgent needs to support rural communities issues such as access to community transport, fuel poverty, refurbishment of community building and equipment, access to wellbeing and health services, activities and education services for young people and support for older people.
Grants awards will be up to £10,000, this can be used for service delivery or for capital projects, examples include:
- Developing community networks – e.g. supporting local clubs, creating community hubs, providing community transport schemes
- Improving the health and wellbeing of socially isolated people – e.g. opportunities for older people to become more physically active, providing mental health wellbeing activities, community first responders
- Refurbishing community assets to improve community use – e.g. updating village hall kitchen facilities, developing local playgrounds
- Improving digital connectivity – e.g. installation of mobile signal boosters, run digital hubs to help develop skills and inclusion
- Building community resilience – e.g. community larders
The application deadline is Friday 5th April 2024, with a grant panel meeting in May.
To find out more about the programme head to the Foundation’s website here…