8 November 2021
New Fund to Support the England Trees Call to Action Plan
Funding available to local authorities or not-for-profit environmental organisations in England to develop strategic partnerships and projects which will help to deliver the England Trees Action Plan.
In support of the England Trees Action Plan, a new fund has been launched to help build capacity in organisations and partnerships to deliver projects regionally and nationally over the next three years.
The Trees Call to Action Fund (TCAF) is being administered by the National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with the Forestry Commission, on behalf of the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra).
TCAF aims to build the capacity of organisations working with the trees and forestry sector in England. These projects should aim to deliver the objectives of the England Trees Action Plan:
- Expanding and connecting our trees and woodlands
- Trees and woodlands as part of the green economy
- Protecting and improving our trees and woodlands
- Connecting people with trees and woodlands.
This fund is available to:
- Partnerships or consortia of local authorities
- Environmental charities
- Not-for-profit organisations of all sizes, including:
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty (AONBs)
- National Park Authorities
- Local Nature Partnerships
- Local Enterprise Partnerships.
The total available funding is £6 million to be awarded in 2021–2022. It is anticipated that in the region of 15–20 grants will be awarded.
Grants of £250,000 to £500,000 are available for projects to deliver by March 2025.
Expressions of interest will be accepted from 3 November 2021 until the deadline of 16 November 2021 (12 noon).
The National Lottery Heritage Fund will publish the full funding guidance on the 3 November 2021.