13 December 2021
New 2022 Deadlines for National Lottery Grants for Heritage Applications of up to £5m
Funding for not-for-profit organisations, private owners of heritage and partnerships for projects connecting people and communities to UK heritage.
The Grants for Heritage funding programme offers:
- Grants from £3,000 to £10,000.
- Grants from £10,000 to £250,000.
- Grants from £250,000 to £5 million.
Projects should aim to improve the condition of heritage; allow for heritage to be identified and better explained; and ensure that people have learned about local heritage, leading to changes in ideas and actions. There is a focus on landscape and nature, and community heritage.
Depending on the amount sought, applications will be accepted from the following types of organisation across the UK:
- Charities, trusts and charitable incorporated organisations.
- Community and voluntary groups.
- Community/parish councils.
- Community interest companies.
- Faith-based or church organisations.
- Local authorities.
- Other public sector organisations.
- Private owners of heritage (for example, individuals and commercial organisations).
- Partnerships of multiple organisations.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, funding should fulfil at least one of the following outcomes:
- A wider range of people will be involved in heritage.
- The funded organisation will be more resilient.
- People will have improved wellbeing.
- People will have developed skills.
- The local area will be a better place to live, work or visit.
- The local economy will be boosted.
There are no deadlines for applications for under £250,000. Decisions are usually conveyed within eight weeks of receipt of application and support documents.
The next deadline for applications exceeding £250,000 is noon on 24 February 2022.