1 July 2020
Nationwide Building Society Community Grants
The Nationwide Building Society Community Grants scheme is provided by the Nationwide Building Society.
The funding is for local housing projects that will strengthen local communities to support the most vulnerable by:
- Preventing people from losing their home
- Helping people into a home
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment
Grant awards will be determined by a regional Community Board, made up of Nationwide members and colleagues; who live and work in those communities. The funded projects will also get community and volunteering support.
The Community Boards will favour projects that:
- Help charities get back on their feet after the impact of coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Illustrate a clear link to Nationwide’s ambition for everyone to have a place fit to call home and can demonstrate the impact their project will have on the local community.
- Are supporting people in housing need, in original or creative ways. This includes both projects already delivering local impact and those carrying out research to find new ways to challenge the housing crisis.
- Have the potential to inspire and be used by others across the country.
- Have robust plans to measure and report on the difference the grant will make.
- Can demonstrate sustainability beyond the life of the grant, by building the skills of staff and volunteers, diversifying funding streams and providing long-term solutions for the people they are helping
- Can evidence knowledge of local issues and have a network of local connections.
Open for applications with a deadline of 31 July 2020.