19 March 2018
National Vegetarian Week 2018 – Last Chance to Apply for a Small Grant
The Vegetarian Society is offering funding for local groups and not-for-profit organisations in the UK to hold activities or events in celebration of National Vegetarian Week 2018.
There is only one application round left for not-for-profit organisations and informal groups who are seeking a small grant to support an event or an activity which promotes a vegetarian diet to the wider community.
Small grants of up to £200 can be used to support events and activities that attract those beginning their vegetarian journey, meat-reducers and the veggie-curious, but are inclusive of the wider vegetarian community.
The funding is for events and activities that:
- Take place during National Vegetarian Week 2018 (14-20 May) or in the two weeks before.
- Promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity.
- Celebrate and promote delicious vegetarian food.
- Are exclusively vegetarian or vegan. (Events cannot have non-vegetarian food or drink).
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to:
- Cookery demonstrations.
- Communal meals.
- Recipe exchanges.
- Tasting sessions.
The grants could be used to hire equipment and venues or help with transport costs or the materials needed for a cookery demonstration.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Not for profit organisations in the UK (eg community groups, schools, social housing schemes, youth clubs, Cubs, Brownies, Scouts or Guides).
- Informal groups of friends, parents or students.
- Vegetarian groups, local network groups and student vegetarian and vegan societies (whether they are formally part of the Vegetarian Society network or not).
The deadline for larger grants has now passed.
Only small grant applications are being accepted, with a deadline of 22 April 2018.