6 February 2024
National Lottery Heritage Fund
Our Heritage 2033 strategy is centred around a simplified framework of four investment principles: saving heritage; protecting the environment; inclusion, access and participation; and organisational sustainability. You must take all four principles into account in your application. The strength of focus and emphasis on each principle is for you to decide and demonstrate.
Mindful of increased costs for goods and services, and responding to trends in our grant application data, we’ve increased our entry level grants to £10,000. This is in addition to our earlier upper threshold increase to £10m (we may even consider investing above £10m for truly exceptional heritage projects).
To simplify your experience of applying for a grant, we’ve:
- improved links between pages on our website so you can clearly see all the information you need to consider before applying
- reduced the length and complexity of our application guidance and the number of questions you must answer
- made it easier to tell us about your heritage and the project you want to deliver
- streamlined the process for grants from £10,000–£250,000 to make applying at that level more seamless
- updated our approach to paying out grants, making it easier for you to manage and deliver your project
Your opinions and expertise have been crucial to the development of Heritage 2033 and we will continue to listen and respond.
We have designed an application process that can adapt to your feedback and we’ll update you when we make changes.
We remain committed to flexibility and supporting the sustainability of organisations in these challenging times. If you have urgent or exceptional needs, please contact your local team.
To find out more about the new strategy and funding head to the National Lottery Heritage Fund website…