14 February 2022
National Lottery Heritage Fund Launches Dynamic Collections Campaign
Funding to involve a wider range of people in heritage and promote public engagement with collections.
Museums (accredited and non-accredited), archives, historic libraries and community organisations which hold collections across the UK can now apply for new Lottery funding to help build resilience in the heritage sector.
The Heritage Fund defines a Dynamic Collection as one that:
- Is used by, and meaningful to, a wider range of people.
- Enables different perspectives to be head and a variety of stories to be told.
- Is actively managed and reviewed.
Grants of up to £250,000 are available for projects which make collections relevant to a wider range of people, actively involve the public in collections management and take a creative, sustainable approach to collections.
There are three funding priorities for collections:
- Engagement – transforming the way people engage with collections and building a diverse audience.
- Re-interpretation – helping people whose experiences have previously been excluded to feel represented.
- Collections Management – bringing new solutions to long-term issues in collections care and use.
Partnership bids are accepted, and may in some case merit larger grant requests.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until 31 March 2022.