27 June 2022
Motability Invites Applications for Active Transport Grants
Funding to support disabled people to access active transport opportunities and make decisions about how they travel in the UK.
UK charites and non-profit organisations can now apply to a new funding programme from national disability transport charity, Motability.
Grants of £100,000 to £4 million are available, and can be split over one, two or three years.
The funding is aimed at medium to large organisations with established ways of working, and intends to promote and expand active travel options for people with disabilities.
To be eligible, groups must:
- Have been established for at least three years.
- Be fully incorporated with a charitable purpose and undertaking research to support disabled people with their transport needs.
- Have had an annual income of at least £150,000 per annum over the past three years.
- Hold reserves of between three and twelve months of operating costs.
Grants can cover:
- Active travel work which is helping people get from A to B, or active travel as a recreational activity, excluding competitive or social sport.
- Continuation funding for schemes, programmes and initiatives that already exist, and who provide best practice solutions, but need further support to remain operational or scale up the service they can provide to help more disabled people.
- Staff or volunteer training costs.
- Full recovery costs, including indirect costs.
- Local, regional, or national initiatives to increase awareness of active travel and influence its inclusion in transport strategy and policy.
Priority will be given to organisations which can demonstrate that their application takes into account the views and needs of their beneficiaries, and they will continue to be involved during the delivery of the work.
Stage One applications can be submitted at any time, with decisions expected in around four weeks.