8 August 2018
Justice and Equality Fund – Now’s the Time
The Justice and Equality Fund (JEF) aims to bring an end to the culture of harassment, abuse and impunity by resourcing an expert network of advice, support and advocacy organisations and projects.
Inspired by the campaigners of #metoo, TIME’s UP, Ni Nunca Mas, the #lifeinleggings movements and others, a group of UK-based women from the entertainment industry have come together to challenge the culture that permits people in positions of power to sexually harass and abuse others. Funding for the JEF comes from donations from individuals.
The Justice and Equality Fund (the JEF) aims to make workplaces and other contexts just, safe and equitable for all and ensure that anyone who has been subjected to harassment and abuse, including sexual violence at work, is better able to access support and justice.
The JEF is hosted and administered by Rosa – the only UK-wide fund for women and girls. Rosa is a well-established and respected grant-making organisation which mobilises resources for women’s empowerment.
Within the Justice and Equality Fund there are three programmes:
- Now’s the Time – information provided in this report.
- Advice and Support – information provided in a separate report.
- Changing the Conversation – information provided in a separate report.
The Now’s the Time programme will award up to £1 million through a Challenge Fund which asks:
- ‘What would you do toward ending sexual harassment?’
Now’s the Time programme will open for applications at two different times:
- Applications for grants of £5,000 to £25,000 will be accepted from 3 August 2018 to 27 September 2018 with decisions by early December 2018.
- Applications for grants of £25,000 to £100,000 will be accepted from 24 September 2018 to 14 December 2018 with decisions by mid March 2019.