28 August 2018
Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust – Information on December Deadline
Funding for work in the UK that addresses the root causes of problems in the Trust’s priority areas.
The Trust reports that ‘owing to a significant upgrade to the Trust’s grant management system, the December round is only open to existing grantees who wish to apply for further funding’.
Groups that were planning to submit an application by December 2018 will now have until 25 March 2019 (with decisions in mid July 2019) to apply to the Trust’s five priority areas:
- Peace and Security to support a transition towards:
- The use of ‘soft’, rather than ‘hard’ power as a first line of response to conflict within society and around the world.
- The de-legitimisation of violence as a tool for responding to conflict, securing interests or projecting power.
- A culture of human rights and non-violent problem-solving, promoted at all levels of society.
- Power and Accountability – to support people to create a world in which power is more equally shared, and in which powerful institutions are responsive and accountable to wider society and aligned with the long-term public interest.
- Rights and Justice – to promote racial justice and equality of opportunity as a basis for a harmonious multi-racial, multi-ethnic society in the UK.
- Sustainable Future – to develop and promote sustainable, low-carbon alternatives to the current consumerist and growth-based paradigm.
- Northern Ireland – to fund work which will contribute as a strategic level to the ongoing transformation of the Northern Ireland conflict.
Cross cutting proposals which directly relate to more than one priority are also accepted; however, this must be clearly demonstrated in the application proposal. Organisations should be undertaking work at a national level. This means work that seeks to make positive change across the UK as a whole, or across one or more of its member countries – England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The 3 December 2018 deadline is only for existing grantees who wish to apply for further funding. The application deadline of 25 March 2019 (12 noon) is open to all applicants.