Job Opportunity – Deafconnect
- Job Title: Hard of Hearing & Tinnitus Support Officer
- Responsible to: Team Leader for the Hard of Hearing & Tinnitus Service
- Location: Based at Deafconnect and working over all of Northamptonshire
- Hours of work: Full Time 37 hours per week
- Salary: £20,000
Note: **This post is funded until October 2023 as part of a five year Project funded by the Big Lottery Community Fund **
- To support the Team Leader in providing a service for hard of hearing people and people with tinnitus in Northamptonshire and surrounding areas in order to reduce isolation and loneliness and promote Deaf and tinnitus awareness.
- To manage a minimum of 6 monthly social support groups around the county, and provide structured training programmes.
- To provide some 1:1 support to people with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- This job involves commitment to a minimum 2 evenings a month.
- You need to have knowledge of hearing loss and tinnitus (yourself or someone you know).
- You need to be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Lone home visits/events/group talks are part of this role.
- You must be able to quickly adapt to deal with ever changing circumstances.
For more information or an application form please contact the details below.
Office telephone – 01604 589011
Mobile – 07817 006817
Email – email@example.com