19 December 2018
Heritage Lottery Fund – Sharing Heritage Programme
The Sharing Heritage Programme is administered and provided by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Projects should make a difference to people, heritage and communities in the UK.
Heritage includes many different things from the past that is valued and that people want to pass on to future generations, including:
- Archaeological sites.
- Collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives.
- Cultural traditions such as stories, festivals, crafts, music, dance and costumes.
- Historic buildings.
- Histories of people and communities.
- Histories of places and events.
- The heritage of languages and dialects.
- Natural and designed landscapes and gardens.
- People’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’).
- Places and objects linked to our industrial, maritime and transport history.
- Natural heritage including habitats, species and geology.
Applications for grants can be made any time until 18 January 2019.
After this date, HLF will launch its new Funding Framework.