26 February 2020
Healthy Communities Together
The National Lottery Community Fund (TNLCF) and The King’s Fund are jointly supporting partnership-working in local areas between the voluntary and community sector, the NHS and local authorities to improve the health and wellbeing of local communities.
The Healthy communities together programme will offer up to £3 million of grant funding and £850,000 of leadership development support to develop effective and sustainable partnerships to improve health and wellbeing, reduce health inequalities and empower communities.
The programme will enable partners to develop their relationships, to identify and agree what they need to work together more effectively to ensure the involvement of organisations working across communities, and to collaboratively create a plan to deliver meaningful change. This may include:
- Developing infrastructure to engage the VCSE and enable effective partnership
- Developing a local approach to measuring impact on health and wellbeing
- Co-producing ways of commissioning and delivering services for particular groups of people, such as groups who are marginalised, have complex needs or live with long-term conditions
- Developing a commissioning framework which supports the diversity of the VCSE sector locally (for example, including very small organisations) or
- Developing community-centred approaches which aim to involve and empower local people in improving health and wellbeing.
Stage 1 applications must be submitted by the deadline of 27 March 2020.