14 August 2018
Funding to Create Positive Change Using Arts and Creativity
Communities in England that want to transform themselves through arts and creativity have an opportunity to apply for funding and other support.
The programme is aimed at communities that can show need, for example, having higher levels of unemployment, the decline in local industry, a high proportion of children in poverty or lower levels of health compared to the general population.
The programme aims to:
- Enable people to shape the places they live through creative methods
- Give overlooked communities an opportunity to work in partnership with arts and cultural organisations
- Test a new way of working and model of delivery
- Give access to resources to support culture and creative led change
- Create resources on community led commissioning of creative projects
- Establish new networks and connections amongst individuals and organisations interested and delivering in this space.
At least 10 communities will be selected to receive grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 as well as mentoring, coaching and peer-to-peer support, networking and guidance to communities to create change based on their vision for their local area.
Community groups and community organisations that are constituted, with a committee and bank account may apply.
Applicants should note this is not a standard grant-giving programme and may not suit proposals that are already developed and simply seeking funding.
The deadline for returning the information during the community call out phase is 28 September 2018.