6 August 2019
Funding for inspiring Coaches and Volunteers
It is the ambition of Northamptonshire Sport to ensure that people working in sport and physical activity are skilled, motivated, valued, equipped for their role and importantly, are representative of our diverse county.
That is why we are pleased to announce the launch of funding through the National Lottery to encourage coaches, volunteers, activators and instructors from under-represented groups to embark on the journey to inspire more people to get more active. Under-represented groups includes women and individuals from the following groups: black and minority ethnic, lower socio-economic, disabled/limiting disability and those aged 65 years and over.
We know that there will be aspiring coaches across the county that can make a real difference within our communities. Therefore, our two new funding pots will help to fund education and training so that we can create a more diverse workforce in sports clubs, communities, activity clubs and within leisure facilities.
- INSPIRING Bursary Scheme – for individuals looking to lead or support sport or physical activity sessions.
- Diversity Workforce Fund – for organisations that are working with a group of coaches to lead or support sport or physical activity sessions.
Examples of education and training may include UKCC Level 1 or 2 coaching courses, community sports leadership awards, exercise instructor course, activator courses and Inclusive activity programme leaders to name a few.
The rounds for applications are:
- Round One : Closing Date 15th September 2019
- Round Two : Closing Date 15th December 2019
- Round Three : Closing Date 15th March 2020
If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact Felicity via email email@example.com