13 July 2020
Funding for Football Clubs to Prepare their Buildings to Safely Reopen
Football clubs and organisations can apply for grants to get their buildings ready for a safe restarting of football activity, in line with Government coronavirus/COVID-19 guidance.
Football clubs and organisations that manage their own building and have a minimum 12 months security of tenure can apply for grants from a new £2.19 million funding pot, allowing them to make necessary changes and modifications to their premises before reopening.
The funding is to be spent in the following three key areas:
- Keeping the clubhouse and equipment clean.
- Maintaining social distancing and avoiding congestion.
- Promoting good hygiene.
Grants of £500 each will be awarded and can be used to cover costs such as:
- Providing hand sanitiser dispensers.
- Providing waste bins.
- Providing paper towel dispensers.
- Providing signage and floor marking.
- Building repairs and modifications.
- Carrying out professional inspections or testing on water quality or gas and electric.
- Repairing hand basins and providing hot water.
- Installing safety screening and contactless payment systems.
The deadline for applications is 19 July 2020.