9 July 2018
Funding for Environmental, Energy Efficiency and Disadvantage in Britain
This Foundation offers around 20 large grants each year to British charities and non-profit groups whose work addresses the Foundation’s themes.
The Foundation supports registered charities and not-for-profit organisations based and working in England, Scotland and Wales for projects that enhance the quality of life in local communities and address the following themes:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of environmental protection.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The prevention or relief of poverty and the relief of those in need by reason of disability or other disadvantage.
- The advancement of citizenship and community development.
Grants of between £25,000 and £250,000 are available with priority being given to applications that can also meet the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- No poverty.
- Good health and wellbeing.
- Quality education.
- Affordable and clean energy.
- Reduced inequalities.
- Sustainable cities and communities.
- Climate action.
- Life on land.
This year, the Foundation particularly welcomes proposals that strongly address the following strategic priorities:
- Increasing the Foundation’s support to environmental programmes.
- Tackling disadvantage and promoting equal opportunities.
- Addressing fuel poverty and/or energy efficiency.
Funding is for one year only and projects should be completed within 12 months.
The deadline for applications is 25 July 2018 (1 pm).