12 October 2020
Funding for Cultural Organisations Across the UK to Recover from Impact of COVID-19
Mid- to large-scale cultural organisations can apply for grants to restart important work, refresh activities, and develop plans to rebuild audiences following closures due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Applications are now being accepted for the Garfield Weston Foundation’s new one-off £25 Culture Fund.
The Fund will support:
- Performing and visual arts organisations.
- Literary arts organisations.
- Arts centres.
- Independent cinemas.
- Accredited museums and galleries or museums/galleries working towards accreditation that are not run by a local authority.
- DCMS sponsored museums and galleries.
To be eligible for funding, organisations must have had an annual income of over £500,000 in their pre-COVID-19 audited accounts. Smaller organisations can apply for the Foundation’s regular grants programme.
Grants of between £100,000 and £2 million will be awarded, with the size of the grant depending on the annual income of the applicant.
The grants must be spent within 12 months of receipt and are to be used for covering costs associated with:
- Restarting work and reopening if the organisations has yet to do so.
- Making critical adaptations or improvements to the organisation’s physical or digital infrastructure that aid the organisation’s ability to generate income and/or develop audiences.
- Programming new activity or adapting existing activities to ensure that new and existing audiences can be reached.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 9 November 2020.