Funding for Black and Minoritised Women’s Organisations
A national fund is accepting applications.
Funding is available to voluntary and community organisations, led-by-and-for Black and minoritised women, that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 to support their core costs and enable continued service delivery in England.
To be eligible for a grant, an organisation must:
- Be a Black and minoritised women’s organisation, led-by-and-for women – which is at least 75% of the senior team and trustees are women from Black and minoritised backgrounds
- Have an annual turnover of less than £350,000
- Directly deliver services to Black and minoritised women and girls
- Be an organisation impacted by COVID-19
- Have an organisational bank account, or have a registered charity able to be accountable/hold funds on the organisation’s behalf, which requires two different/independent people to authorise payments or cheques
- Be delivering services in England
- Be a charitable organisation with written governing document, ie constitutions or articles of associations
Eligible core costs and activities include:
- Utility bills
- IT costs
- Freeing senior staff time to work on strategic developments
- Developing new programmes and services in response to changing context of COVID-19
- Governance activities and fundraising support
Grants of £10,000 are available.
The deadline for applications is 3pm on 1 October 2021.