10 January 2022
Funding for Armed Forces Day 2022 Events – Deadline Reminder
Organisations and individuals can still apply for funding to host an event in June 2022 in recognition of the UK’s servicemen and women.
Since 2009, Armed Forces Day has been marked annually throughout the UK with events large and small. The Ministry of Defence provides funding each year to support groups and individuals to commemorate the occasion.
Local councils, voluntary and community organisations, schools, ex-service organisations and individuals can apply for grants of up to £10,000 for activities taking place across the UK.
This grant is match funded and can cover up to half the total cost of the event. For example, if the total cost of the event is £10,000 and £5,000 has been raised, the grant could cover up to £5,000.
The 2022 event should:
- Be held within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends. The 2022 Armed Forces Day will be held on Saturday 25 June 2022.
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title.
- Be relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces.
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’.
- Not be centred around fundraising or recruitment.
Groups must register their event before they can access the funding criteria.
The deadline to apply for 2022 event funding is 1 March 2022.