14 August 2018
Funding Available to Deliver Projects Using Sport and Sporting Facilities
Incorporated groups in England can apply for loans to support local communities through sport.
Funding is available to incorporated organisations based and operating in England to deliver projects using sport and sporting facilities that generate sustainable revenue and deliver long-term community impact.
Unsecured loans of between £50,000 and £150,000 are available to a range of organisations including community organisations, social enterprises, charities or profit-with-purpose businesses that are incorporated or planning to do so before investment.
The aim of the fund is to invest in organisations that make a difference by developing people and communities through sport, helping them to become financially sustainable. Loans are provided to help organisations, either now or in the future, to:
- Deliver community-based services to meet the needs of local people, either using sport as a tool, or using a community sports setting to deliver services.
- Have a sustainable business model that generates revenues through trading that support the organisation’s activities.
Funding can be used for a wide range of projects that use sport, or sporting facilities, to benefit local communities including:
- Equipment to support revenue streams.
- Recruitment, training and deployment of staff and volunteers.
- Equipment to support business functions including finance, project management and governance.
- Other operating costs.
A total of £3 million is available and the funder expects to invest into around 30 projects until June 2020.
Applications can be submitted at any time.