8 June 2020
Fund Launched for Women’s Organisations Impacted by COVID-19 Crisis
Specialist women’s organisations across the UK can apply for unrestricted funding to deal with the impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic on their work.
Organisations that are non-profitable and run predominantly by, for and with women can now apply for grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 to meet short-term funding needs for a period of up to six months.
To be eligible, organisations do not have to be registered charities, but their activities must be charitable, legal and for the benefit of women in one or more of the following areas:
- Economic justice.
- Health and wellbeing.
- Leadership and representation.
Applications are particularly welcome from women’s organisations that:
- Address the critical needs of women and girls that miss out the most, including:
- Marginalised populations.
- BME women.
- LGBTQ+ women and girls.
- Women and girls with disabilities.
- Older women.
- Homeless women.
- Survivors of gender violence.
- Women in prison and ex-offenders
- Other underserved and disadvantaged groups of women.
- Operate in less economically resilient towns, cities and rural areas within the UK.
Both existing and new work can be funded. Eligible organisations can apply for unrestricted funding towards core costs but the application must directly relate to challenges emerging from the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.