30 June 2021
FREE training for parents to help better understand some key issues around young people’s mental health and wellbeing
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget, we have several Free online Level 2 Accredited Courses available to Parents to help better understand some key issues around young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
Here’s some of our most popular subjects available:
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impact that they have and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (tailored to understand how separation, divorce and death in a family can have an effect on a child’s mental health)
- Safe Guarding and Prevention (Supporting anyone who is responsible for people and how to reduce the risk of radicalisation. Recognise signs of abuse and potential harm)
- Equality, and diversity (An understanding of the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace, society and community)
On average the courses take between 15-35 hours to complete (dependent on each individual’s learning ability) within in a 6-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner’s home. No Exams, end point assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to you 24/7. You can do as many as you like, however you can just do one at a time.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible, is the following..
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
The course is completely free, but the learning provider reserves the right to charge a drop out fee in the event a learner enrols but then drops out without providing a reason (please note this is down to the individual and NOT the school – this will be highlighted when I call them once registered). That said, the college will grant extensions if the learner has a reason as to why they won’t be able to complete it within the 6 weeks.
If you are interested in undertaking one of these Free Online courses, then please complete the following link asap. This will then allow me to contact you and send over the relevant Enrolment details and of course, answer any questions you have.
If you have any questions, call Stacey Taylor-Hinds on 0203 900 3091 extension 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org