6 February 2024
Foyle Foundation’s Grants Programme to End in 2025
The Foyle Foundation, an independent grant-making trust that distributes grants to UK based registered charities and schools, has announced that it will complete its grant giving programme in 2025. Since it became operational in November 2001, the Foundation has disbursed more than £146.6 million in grants across the UK in the fields of the Arts, Learning, Community Small Grants, State School Libraries and formerly Health.
Applications will be accepted for the final rounds of grants for projects that can be completed by the end of 2025.
The Foundations supports charities in three main areas:
- Main Grants in the range of £10,000 to £50,000 for charities whose core work covers arts and learning.
- Small Grants of between £2,000 and £10,000 to cover core costs or essential equipment (for 12 months) for charities in all fields with a turnover of less than £150,000 per annum.
- The Foyle School Library grants of between £2,000 and £10,000 for UK state schools and special schools to improve their library services.
The closing date will depend on the scheme and applicants should check the individual scheme for specific details:
- Main Grant scheme capital requests of £75,000 and over will close to stage one enquiries on 31 May 2024.
- Main Grant scheme applications for grants of less than £75,000 will close on 31 January 2025.
- Small Grant scheme applications will close on 30 April 2025.
- Foyle School Library Programme applications can be made at any time until the final cut off date of 30 September 2024.
The full details for each grants scheme along with the online application form can be found on the Foyle Foundation website.