31 January 2022
Food for Life Get Togethers – Small Grants
Small grants are available to not-for-profit organisations in the UK for community events and gatherings that enable people of different generations to get together through good food.
The Food for Life Get Togethers Small Grants scheme is provided with funding by the National Lottery Community Fund and administered by the Soil Association.
The funding is intended for gatherings and events that connect different age groups together and are representative of diverse communities.
Grants should help groups host a good food Get Together in their community that brings people of different backgrounds and/or ages together to strengthen and connect communities through one or more of food growing, cooking and food sharing.
- Take place within Plant and Share Month (20 April 2022 to 20 May 2022).
- Have potential to be long term.
- Be community led.
- Include people from disadvantaged and diverse communities.
- Bring people together.
- Reduce experience of loneliness or social isolation.
- Encourage a positive attitude to ageing and diversity.
Activities can take place virtually or in person.
Grants can cover food, tools and materials.
The deadline to apply is 5pm on 22 February 2022.