7 October 2019
Final Deadline for Veterans’ Community Centres Programme
Armed Forces charities in the UK can apply for capital grants to renovate or refurbish community halls used by veterans and their communities.
Provided by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, with funding from the Ministry of Defence, the programme offers grants to fund the renovations and improvements to veterans’ community centres. This is a specialist pot of funding that is only open to Armed Forces registered charities or community interest companies (CIC) with an existing building that requires refurbishment.
To be eligible, projects must fit with the programme’s main criteria, which are:
- Regular use of the space by veterans.
- How well the project addresses the priority of refurbishing spaces to improve veterans use of the spaces.
- Evidence of need for repair/refurbishment.
- The extent to which the capital project plans are well developed.
- The capacity of the applicant organisation to manage the planned work.
- The extent to which the works represent value for money.
Band A grants of up to and including £30,000 can be used for capital expenditure, including any fees or professional advice required to undertake the works. Band A grants will fund the total cost of the project (including VAT).
The funding is intended to help meet a wide range of legal requirement for community centre venues used by veterans and is not a general fund for organisations to support their core activities or refurbishment needs, simply by adding members of the Armed Forces community to their beneficiary group before applying.
The final deadline for Band A applications is on 4 November (9am).