19 July 2021
Ecclesiastical Launches Phase 2 of Movement for Good Awards
Charities across the UK can apply now for a chance to win a grant of £10,000 and the possibility of an additional grant of £50,000 or £100,000.
Phase two is open to charities registered in the UK and Republic of Ireland with an income of less than £5 million.
This phase is ‘actively championing innovation, giving charities the backing they need to propel their plans forward and turn creative ideas into practical solutions that benefit society’.
The awards are aimed at charities working in areas that support five themes.
Projects or innovative initiatives must take place within the UK/Republic of Ireland and have clear outcomes and benefits:
- Education and skills – projects should enable learning and development, in particular among young people.
- Rural or community development- projects should support and build communities, in particular in rural areas.
- Arts, culture or heritage – projects should help celebrate, preserve or protect heritage and culture.
- Climate change or environment – projects should contribute to the collective challenge to tackle impact on the climate and environment.
- Human rights or equality – projects should further a more inclusive and equal world for everyone.
There is a total of £500,000 which will be distributed as follows:
- 30 charities will receive an award of £10,000
- 2 winning charities will receive an additional award of £50,000
- 1 winning charity will receive an additional award of £100,000.
The application guide, terms and conditions, and online form can be found on the Ecclesiastical 2021 Movement for Good Awards webpage.
Applications will be accepted from 12 July to 6 August 2021.