30 September 2019
Deadline Approaching for Funding for Heritage Projects
Not-for-profit organisations have until 11 October to submit an Expressions of Interest for grants of more than £5 million for transformative, innovative and collaborative heritage projects in the UK.
Individual grants of a minimum of £5 million each are available for non-profit organisations and partnerships led by non-profit organisations to support projects that will reflect the ethos behind the scheme – “Backing big ideas, unlocking possibilities” – by being:
All kinds of heritage projects are eligible. Heritage can be anything from the past that is valued and should be passed on to future generations and could include:
- Oral history: people’s memories and experiences.
- Cultural traditions, such as stories, festivals, crafts, music and dance.
- Nature, for example, habitats, species, and geology.
- Natural and designed landscapes, such as parks and gardens.
- Community archaeology.
- Historic buildings, monuments, and environments.
- Collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives.
- Histories of people and communities or places and events.
- The heritage of languages and dialects.
- Places and objects linked to the UK’s industrial, maritime and transport history.
Projects that focus on the National Lottery Heritage Fund’s current strategic priorities (landscapes and nature, and heritage at risk) will be considered favourably.
Commenting on the fund, National Lottery Heritage Fund CEO Ros Kerslake said:
“What we are looking for is something that will deliver a significant impact for people and communities. [The project] has really got to be something outstanding.”
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is noon on 11 October 2019.