22 April 2020
Coronavirus Mental Health Response Fund
The Coronavirus Mental Health Response Fund is provided by the Department of Health and Social Care and was awarded for distribution to the Mental Health Consortia (MHC), a group of voluntary sector mental health organisations that is led by the Association of Mental Health Providers (AMHP). The mental health charity Mind is administering the Fund on behalf of the consortia.
The aim of the Fund is to enable increased availability of mental health support during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, delivered for people experiencing, or at risk of developing, mental health problems.
The funding is intended to:
- Mobilise rapid support as the demand grows, by funding expert organisations across England, getting support to people with and at risk of developing mental health problems as soon as possible.
- Provide an increase in effective services, preventing escalation of need, reducing waiting lists, enabling providers to flex their services for the current situation and increasing reach to vulnerable groups.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until the funding pot is allocated (which is anticipated to be within eight to ten weeks).
There are cut-off dates for applications to be considered at specific panel meetings. Applications submitted by:
- 24 April 2020 will receive a decision by 14 May 2020.
- 8 May 2020 will receive a decision by 28 May 2020.
- 22 May 2020 will receive a decision by 11 June 2020.
- 5 June 2020 will receive a decision 25 June 2020.