28 June 2021
Constance Travis Endowment Fund
Grants are available for local community and voluntary groups for community-based projects in Northamptonshire focusing on five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, which aim to address poverty, hunger, health and wellbeing, quality education, and gender equality.
The scheme focuses on supporting local charities and grass-roots organisations with projects addressing one to five of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) with the aim of helping to build locally a sustainable and safe future for Northamptonshire communities.
The fund has the following priorities:
- Supporting low-income communities
- Supporting the most vulnerable at risk of food
- Preventative Investment
- Specialist counselling services
- Addressing health inequalities
- Developing digital skills for all
- Additional learning opportunities such as Summer Schools
- Intergenerational learning opportunities
- Incorporation of wellbeing, resilience and confidence building within education
- Increased access to education and employment opportunities
- Investment to tackle domestic violence and abuse
- Education for young people on gender equality
Applications are accepted from small and locally managed voluntary, community or self-help groups based in Northamptonshire.
To be eligible, groups must have:
- People volunteering to help with the activity who are not part of the group’s management committee
- A set of written rules or constitution that the group adheres to and that contains a dissolution policy
- A child protection policy in place
Applications can be made at any time and are assessed on a rolling basis.
An online application form is available via the Northamptonshire Community Foundation website.