14 September 2020
Community Shares Booster Programme Re-Opens
After a four-month break, due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the programme has re-opened for applications.
New and existing community businesses in England that are planning to make, or have recently launched, community share offers can receive:
- Development grants of up to £10,000 to help societies get investment ready and meet standards of good practice.
- Match funding up to £100,000 in equity investment made on equal terms with other community shareholders, into societies that demonstrate higher than average levels of community engagement, innovation and impact.
- Ongoing support and advice as an active investor in community businesses.
Applicants need to be incorporated as a community benefit society, co-operative society or charitable community benefit society and have the following key features:
- Locally rooted.
- Operating for the benefit of the community with broad community impact.
- Accountable to the local community.
- With trading at the heart of its business, for the benefit of the local community.
This is a rolling programme of support with applications accepted until December 2020.