Comic Relief’s Community Fund Welcomes 2020 Applications
Funding for local grassroots, community led groups to support capacity building or project delivery to deliver change by drawing on the ‘lived experiences’ of people who have experienced the issues being tackled.
Grassroots community organisations and charities with an income of less than £250,000 per annum can apply now for funding to support projects that tackle at least one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: projects that support children under the age of five years to reach their potential and have the best start in life.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that improve equality for women, girls and initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation due to their gender.
- A Safe Place to Be: projects that support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities, improve access to support and tackle stigma and discrimination.
Two types of grants are available:
- Capacity building grants of up to £500 will support a wide range of activities, from developing better organisational governance, policies and procedures to increasing understanding of beneficiary needs, to increasing organisational delivery capacity.
- Project delivery grants of up to £4,000 will fund direct work with beneficiaries. This could be training for parents and carers to help support their children’s development before starting school; activities for girls or women to help them make healthier life choices; supporting people with mental health issues to improve an outdoor space or create a meeting space; or setting up a peer support network for people experiencing homelessness.
This is a rolling programme and applications can be made at any time.