18 September 2019
Comic Relief Community Fund
The Comic Relief Community Fund is provided by Comic Relief and administered by community charity, Groundwork, which specialises in transforming communities and the local environment for the better.
The Community Fund will invest in grassroots community-led organisations to bring about lasting change and legacy for local people.
The Fund has four main objectives and will support innovative projects that will tackle Comic Relief’s four core themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: supporting children under the age of 5 to grow, play and learn in safe environments with people who love and care for them.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that champion women and girls, including initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation.
- A Safe Place to Be – projects that tackle homelessness and support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities and tackle stigma and discrimination.
The funding will strengthen local organisations helping them with skills and advice to drive community projects forward, as well as providing the necessary funding and support that groups need to kick-start new initiatives.
Two types of grants are available:
- Capacity building grants of up to £500.
- Project delivery grants up to £4,000.
This is a rolling programme and applications can be made at any time.