3 April 2018
Calor Gas Invites Local Groups to Apply to its Rural Community Fund
The Calor Rural Community Fund has been launched for a second year in a row and is inviting rural projects throughout Great Britain to apply for one of 21 grants.
The rural energy provider set up the Rural Community Fund in 2017 as a way to give something back to the community, and once again it is offering rural off-grid communities in England, Scotland and Wales the chance to win funding for projects that will improve local life.
Calor is offering three levels of funding available to suit projects of different sizes:
- £5,000 grants will go to five projects.
- £2,500 grants will go to six projects.
- £1,000 grants will go to 10 projects.
The funding applied for must equate to 50% or more of the total project cost.
A wide range of projects will be considered including but not limited to community centres, village halls, sporting venues, youth clubs, scout groups, initiatives to support the elderly.
To be eligible, projects must meet the following criteria:
- It exists for the benefit of the wider community and not of the individual.
- It has been in existence for a minimum of six months; and is a charity or a not-for-profit organisation.
- The funding applied for is equal to 50% or more of the total project cost.
- The funding is being used for renovations, redecorating, equipment, or new LPG heating systems.
- It is capable of completion within 12 months of the date of the grant if successful.
- It is in a rural off mains gas location in the UK and is for the benefit of an off-grid rural community in England, Scotland or Wales.
- It has a clear deliverable objective.
- The systems are in place to ensure finances are well managed.
- It operates on a non-discriminatory basis and is non-political.
Applications will be accepted until 21 May 2018.
Public voting will take place from 25 May 2018 until 29 June 2018, with results expected to be announced on 20 July 2018.
Visit the Calor website for further details and to start an application.