28 June 2021
Art Fund Weston Loan Programme
Grants are available to museums and galleries to borrow works from national collections, encouraging the sharing of works more widely across the UK.
The Weston Loan Programme with Art Fund is designed to provide regional museums and museum visitors with increased access to National museum and gallery collections.
The Programme will support regional museums to secure important strategic loans and maximise loan opportunities in the context of their own collections and communities.
The aims of the Programme are:
- To support the costs of new loans of works of art and artefacts to regional museums from the National collections.
- To encourage new and/or stronger relationships between regional and National museums and galleries.
- To help regional museums make the most of the opportunities associated with the loan and raise the profile of their own collections.
Applications can be accepted from UK public museums, galleries, historic houses, libraries and archives which are:
- Regional and/or run by local authorities or universities, or have independent Trust status
- Open for at least half the week for at least six months of the year
- At least provisionally accredited.
It is expected that the majority of grants to be for between £5,000 and £25,000, Art Fund will consider applications for smaller and larger amounts.
Art Fund will accept applications for 100% funding, but applicants can apply to this programme as part of a larger funding package of support from a variety of sources.
Applications should be submitted by the deadline of 17 August 2021.