12 August 2019
Art Fund Weston Loan Programme 2019
Museums and galleries in the UK have until 10 September to apply for grants of up to £25,000 as part of the Weston Loan Programme with Art Fund.
Supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation, the Weston Loan Programme with Art Fund is designed to provide regional museums and museum visitors with increased access to National museum and gallery collections.
The Programme will support regional museums to secure important strategic loans and maximise loan opportunities in the context of their own collections and communities.
The aims of the Programme are:
- To support the costs of new loans of works of art and artefacts to regional museums from the National collections.
- To encourage new and/or stronger relationships between regional and National museums and galleries.
- To help regional museums make the most of the opportunities associated with the loan and raise the profile of their own collections.
Applications can be accepted from UK public museums, galleries, historic houses, libraries and archives which are:
- regional and/or run by local authorities or universities, or have independent Trust status
- open for at least half the week for at least six months of the year
- at least provisionally accredited.
The committee is particularly keen to see applications that come from regions that were under-represented in previous rounds, which includes Northern Ireland, Scotland, East Anglia and the East Midlands.
It is expected that the majority of grants to be for between £5,000 and £25,000, but Art Fund will consider applications for smaller and larger amounts.
The deadline for applications is 10 September 2019.