30 January 2018
Armed Forces Day Grant
Grants are available to help organisations and individuals in the UK to host an Armed Forces Day event which can take place within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day event.
A maximum grant of £10,000 is available per application, provided that MOD funding accounts for no more than 50% of the total cost.
In the past grants have ranged from a few hundred pounds for a street party to thousands of pounds for larger events.
Local councils, voluntary and community organisations, schools, ex-service organisations and individuals in the UK are eligible to apply.
Armed Forces Day events can come in any size or shape, from national and regional celebrations, local events organised by councils, ex-Service organisations, community groups and schools. Parades of veterans, cadets and/or currently serving personnel are very popular, as are presentations of veterans’ badges.
Other ideas for activities include the following:
- Picnic in the park.
- Themed BBQ.
- Knees up at home.
- Street party.
The 2018 event should:
- Be held within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends. This means that as Armed Forces Day is celebrated on Saturday 30 June 2018, the two eligible dates would include Saturday 23 June – Sunday 8 July 2018.
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title.
- Be relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces.
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’.
- Not be centred around fundraising or recruitment.
How To Apply
The first step in the application process is to register the event.
The deadline for 2018 applications is 30 April 2018.